Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Deilver Us From the Evil One - Praying the Psalms

It is one thing to read a psalm; it is another to pray it. These are psalms of deliverance – God is faithful through the time of trial.
***
Psalm 3
A psalm of David. When he fled from his son Absalom.

1 Lord, how many are my foes!
        How many rise up against me!
2 Many are saying of me,
        “God will not deliver him.”

3 But you, Lord, are a shield around me,
        my glory, the One who lifts my head high.
4 I call out to the Lord,
        and he answers me from his holy mountain.

5 I lie down and sleep;
        I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
6 I will not fear though tens of thousands
        assail me on every side.

7 Arise, Lord!
        Deliver me, my God!
Strike all my enemies on the jaw;
        break the teeth of the wicked.

8 From the Lord comes deliverance.
        May your blessing be on your people.

Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

1 The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
            2 He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
            3 he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
        for his name’s sake.
4 Even though I walk
        through the darkest valley, 
I will fear no evil,
        for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
        they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me
        in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
        my cup overflows.
6 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
        all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
        forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment