Thursday, November 28, 2013

Deliver Us from the Evil One - Singing Our Prayers


A beautiful and true prayer for guidance amid helplessness:

***

Lead Me, Guide Me (Psalter Hymnal 544)

Refrain:
Lead me, guide me, along the way,
for if you lead me, I cannot stray.
Lord, let me walk each day with you,
lead me my whole life through.

I am weak and I need your strength and power
to endure with grace my weakest hour.
Help me through the darkness your face to see.
Lead me, O Lord, lead me. Refrain

Help me walk in the paths of righteousness;
be my aid when Satan and sin oppress.
I am trusting you whate'er may be.
Lead me, O Lord, lead me. Refrain

I am lost if you take your hand from me,
I am blind without your light to see.
Lord, forever may I your servant be.
Lead me, O Lord, lead me. Refrain

Text: Doris M. Akers, alt. Copyright (c) 1953, Doris M. Akers.

No comments:

Post a Comment