Thursday, September 19, 2013

Seeking God's Glory - singing our prayers

So many songs are written as prayers, and they stay with us and pop into our heads in ways that words alone often don't. For many years I've loved singing (and praying) the song You are Holy. I love the words, but I also love that we sing part of the song in two parts: the men sing about how our lives respond to God's holiness, and the women sing God's glory as he reveals it in the Bible through his names. 



“You Are Holy”  (watch it here on youtube)


You are holy, you are mighty
You are worthy, worthy of praise
I will follow, I will listen
I will love you all of my days
Men:
I will sing to and worship
The King who is worthy
I will love and adore Him
And I will bow down before Him
You’re my prince of peace, and I will live my life for you.
Women:
(You are Lord of Lords, You are King of Kings)
(You are Mighty God, Lord of everything)
(You're Emmanuel, You're the Great I Am)
(You're the Prince of Peace, who is the Lamb)
(You’re the living God, You're my saving grace)
(You will reign forever, You are ancient of days)
(You're the Alpha, Omega, beginning and end)
(You're my Savior, Messiah, Redeemer, and Friend)
You’re my prince of peace, and I will live my life for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment